We are proud to say that today marks the fourth year of Underneath The Shell
4 years!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa \(^_^)/
Since today is Thursday and we often joined Thursday Thirteen, so we are going to celebrate this day by sharing 13 things about our blog 🙂
1. In October 2006, Mommy got a cute present from his brother. A little turtle whom she latter called Kame. She began writing about her in December 2006 in her own blog, Polychrome Interest using Indonesian language. The first post was called Welcome My Sweet Kamechan
2. In March 19, 2008, Mommy bought me from a petshop; assuming I was a boy (it turned out she got a girl 😉 ). In March 21, she introduced me in her blog in a post called Welcome Kroten.
3. Since Kame and Kroten’s journal seemed to have no reader (hardly any comment), mommy decided to make a new blog special for us. So in May 15, 2010; a blog called Kame & Kroten’s Blog was created.
5. We had been translating some of the posts in her blog into English and posted it here.
6. We didn’t have a lot of friends on our first blogging year…we got more and more friends as time goes (thank you for being our friend)
7. A tragedy happened. In March 9, 2012. My dearest older sister passed away for reason we still don’t know till this day. Mommy was crying the whole time because we had just lost our grandma to cancer in December 2011 and three months later Kame decided to go with Grandma.
8. In March 11, 2012. The only thing that could cheer Mommy was to have another turtle; so she brought home a baby Pink Belly Short Necked Turtle. We called him Papoe and we wrote the first post about him called Introducing Papoe.
9. We changed the name of our blog from Kame & Kroten’s Blog to Underneath The Shell in April 9, 2012. We asked our friends for a name suggestion and we like this one the most.
10. In September 22, 2012; Mommy brought home a new turtle she fell in love with from the first sight. A Reeves Turtle or also known as Chinese Three-Keeled Pond Turtle called Kurome. We introduced him 2 days later in a post called Introducing Kurome – The New Member Of Our Little Family
11. We Changed our header again with Kurome in it.
12. In October 7, 2013; we moved into Mommy’s school’s dorm. We have been living on third floor ever since.
13. Since that day (no.12) we have been blogging from this place….using high speed internet (yeeeeaaa) paid by the school 😉
It has been quite a journey…hopefully we can continue sharing about our life and other bits related to turtles for years to come…and Hopefully you all still come to see us 🙂
Thank you…to all our friends.